PHOENIX — The Phoenix Zoo added three new behind-the-scenes tours for a hands-on experience with animals.
“Backstage Adventures” is the zoo’s hour-long behind-the-scenes tour of some of the habitats. Each tour costs $99 plus admission to the zoo.
They have added three new habitats that can be toured:
- Stingray Bay Adventure- Sunday through Thursday at 1:30 p.m. For ages 12+
- During the tour, you are given an in-water experience with the stingrays, while learning how to take care of them.
- Flamingo Flamingle Tour- Daily 9 a.m. For ages 5+
- The tour consists of a“Walk with the Flock” where you, the flamingos, and the caretakers will walk around the Zoo’s lake. Then you will enter their habitat and feed them, while learning about their “unique and quirky personalities”.
- Sloth Backstage Adventure- Mondays at 12:15 (45 minutes)
- You will be able to meet the infamous Fernando, the zoo’s most famous sloth. They also warn visitors that because sloths are more on the lazy side, it is possible he could sleep through the entire tour.
Other tours that are available are:
- Arthur and Elaine Johnson Conservation Center
- Ambassador Animal Resources
- Animal Care Center
- Reptile Rendezvous
- African Painted Dog and Cheetah Adventure
- *Premium Adventures- $300 per person
For more information on all of the Backstage Adventure tours, visit the Zoo’s website. To reserve a tour, call 602-914-4333.