PHOENIX – October is the best month because you have an excuse to eat all the chocolates and candy you can handle. If you are a dentist though, it’s your worst nightmare or at least more business!
Here are some of the dentist approved treats from Ask The Dentist:
- Any dark chocolate– Did you know that dark chocolate has an antibacterial effect that fights plaque?
- Sugar free candy – sugar can grow bacteria and disrupts the healthy ratios of pH.
- Candy bars with nuts– not only do nuts provide protein and fiber, they can break up the stickiness of a candy, which would increase the chance of cavity.
Here are the worst candies you could eat according to Ask The Dentist:
- Sticky candy– it can get stuck in and on your teeth, and increase the chance of you getting a cavity.
- Lollipops– it creates “frequency of exposure” in your mouth and brush against your teeth
- Gummy worms– they are made of acid that ruins your teeth
There is a dentist office in Gilbert – Islands Pediatrics Dentistry – that will actually buy back your candy for $1 per pound. Best part, the candy goes to the American troops.